Friday, May 6, 2016

Cookbook Seven--Everyday Pasta Giada De Laurentiis




So, here it is.  I haven't stopped cooking.  I have actually been cooking quite a bit, but I haven't been cooking through one at a time, I was a bit in a wandering mood this winter.  I have been traveling some, but also have been cooking one recipe from one book and another from other books.  I finally finished five from this one. 

Up first, was Greens with Gorgonzola Dressing.  I really like blue cheese, so this was a winner for me.  I am the only lover of Gorgonzola in my household, so I ate this for several work lunches.  It keep well for those few days.


While reading the recipe for Farfalle with Broccoli, I wasn't sure about the anchovies.  Giada specifically addresses this concern that it will melt away and leave nothing but flavor.  Josh came home and smelled the fishy smell, but I didn't mention them to the kids and they both ate seconds.  It was quite delicious.  



I made Little Stars with Butter and the Basic Marinara Sauce in February.  I made the sauce and froze most for later.  I used it on stuffed shells and it worked out great.




Gnocchi with Thyme Butter Sauce was my final recipe for this challenge.  I wasn't sure if it would be a hit, but everyone ate it.  Delaney especially liked it. 



 I have several other recipes I want to try.  I really thought I would try her Citrus Olive Oil and Chili Oil.  I am sure I will come back to this book.  I have been cooking out of one of our church's cookbooks and well as Lucy Buffett's Lu Lu's Cookbook.  One of those will be up next!


No comments: