Monday, June 27, 2016

Cookbook Eight--From Momma's Table to Mine Bobby Deen





This book was a bit of a disappointment.  I hate to say that because I marked a lot of pages that all sounded so good.  I think I will try a few more at a later time.  The Pimento Cheese, Pickled Shrimp, and a few others sound good.  I am ready to try something else for awhile though, so I may revisit this in the Fall or Winter.











The cornbread was barely edible. This may be the cornmeal's fault.  I was using a stone ground milled corn that was given to me as a gift.  It may have a different texture than traditional cornmeal, although the overall flavor was just short of gag worthy.






I love a spinach salad with hot bacon dressing.  It reminded me of wilted lettuce my mom used to make.  This one has spinach, mushrooms, and bacon.  One of my daughters loves both spinach and mushrooms, so I was excited to make this one.  Meh, it was ok.  I didn't finish my serving and I threw away the leftovers.  I think my family had a slightly better opinion, but not enough to save the leftovers from the garbage. 


Mashed potatoes without butter using a low fat cheese spread.  It was fine.  I ate the leftovers with some extra salt and thought it was pretty good.



Cucumber Salad with dill and greek yogurt dressing was delicious.  I really liked it and I was able to use some dill from my herb garden that Josh and the girls made me for Mother's Day (mostly Josh).


No comments: